Croatian Cuttlefish Ink Risotto
INGREDIENTS: (serves 3 people)
- 1 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 1 lbs (454g) cleaned cuttlefish (or squid)
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup of white (or red wine)
- around 6 cups hot vegetable broth
- 8 g cuttlefish ink
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Heat pot on medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Add your chopped shallots and cook until translucent, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Season the shallots and garlic with salt and pepper and add the chopped cuttlefish and fry until opaque.
- Add the white wine and cook until evaporated.
- Add the arborio rice and gradually add 1/2 cup of broth. Stir continuously while it cooks, and until the rice stops absorbing the broth.
- While the rice is cooking in the broth, add the cuttlefish ink.
- Serve hot with salad.