This traditional Middle Eastern chickpea spread is a delicious addition to any meal. This easy and simple recipe is guaranteed to be a hit at your dinner table. This hummus can also be an amazing breakfast with homemade falafel and pita bread.
INGREDIENTS: (for two medium dishes with chickpea topping)
- 1 and 1/2 cans of chickpeas (pealed) or 2 1/2 cups of cooked and pealed chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of good quality olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- sea salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 of cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Turkish chili flakes (pul biber) or Aleppo chili flakes
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, ice cubes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until nice and smooth and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil and fry minced garlic with cumin and chili flakes until nice and fragrant.
- Add whole chickpeas to the pan, lemon juice and a splash of water.
- Cook for 3 minutes on medium high, until the water has evaporated. Then add tahini.
- Serve hummus in bowl or on a platter with chickpea toping and garnishes of your choice.