- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup pastry flour with leavening
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbs melted butter + extra for greasing rice cooker
- vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, mix cream cheese with yolks. Once homogeneous, add milk, vanilla extract, and sifted flour. Mix.
2. Take egg whites and cream of tartar, and whisk until bubbles appear. Then, add sugar and whisk very quickly until stiff peaks are formed into a meringue. Using a hand mixer might be easier.
3. Fold the meringue into the batter.
4. Grease the rice cooker with butter. Pour the batter in, and cook on the rice setting. It may take around an hour depending on rice cooker brands.
5. Let the cake cool, then add powdered sugar.